Workforce Management – Scheduling
Once you know how many calls you will receive, and how long they will take, you can work out how many people are required to handle this workload and draw up some work schedules for everyone and everyday. This 1 day course on Scheduling will show you how to create work schedules that will not only make sure that you have the right number of people available at the right times to handle calls, but also make your contact centre a better place to work by reflecting and respecting your agent’s work time preferences.
The blended learning format of the course combines taught topics with single/group working and discussion. You’ll have ample opportunity to apply what you have learned in practical sessions and during the structured discussions you’ll also have time to ask questions on specific issues that you want help with and to learn from the experiences of others.
Who should attend?
This course will be of significant benefit to those who are responsible for managing and determining shifts / rotas and working hours specifically, as well as those accountable for the broader task of determining how many agents will be required to take calls and managing resources into position to do this. Typically those in the roles of contact centre manager, resource planning manager, scheduler and business analyst will find the content very useful. In addition, individuals within smaller contact centres (where roles are combined) and those within Finance and Operations, who want to better understand how planning and management for this significant operating cost is carried out, will also find this course of benefit. This is also an ideal follow on to our Workforce Management – Forecasting course.
The cost per delegate for the 1 day course is £350 (ex VAT)
Public course venue and accommodation
Courses are held at our offices in Birmingham which is easily accessed by both road and rail. If you wish to stay overnight, Aston Business School Hotel is just a 2 minute walk away and offers good accommodation at reasonable rates.
If you want to arrange a private course, that only delegates from your organisation may attend, either at our offices or at your own location please contact us for a list of the available dates.
Tailor made content for private courses
If our course doesn’t match your requirements, just let us know and we can adapt this to meet your needs exactly.
Need more information?
For more information about public and private courses, content and locations please contact Sarah Roberts, email email@example.com or call her on 01352 705863.
- What is scheduling.
- Where scheduling fits into the workforce management process.
- Why scheduling well is critical for your organisation.
Working out how many staff you will need
- Understanding ‘service level’ and ‘speed of answer’.
- What is ‘productivity’ and how to calculate it.
- The factors that affect how many staff you will need.
- Understanding the cost – service compromise.
- How to work out how many staff you will need using Erlang.
- Understanding the relationship between contact centre / skill group size and efficiency.
Creating schedules and rotas that meet the needs of your organisation and staff
- What are schedules and rotas.
- How to turn your staffing requirement into a schedule or rota.
- Popular fixed and flexible schedule schemes, their benefits and drawbacks.
Successfully managing your scheduling
- Scheduling efficiency – understanding how good your schedules were.
- What went wrong – the major causes of inefficiency.
- How to get staff feedback and what to do with it.
- Fixing it – how to change your scheduling process to improve efficiency and staff satisfaction.